|| the-scottish-villages.co.uk |||| st. boswells scotland ||
St. Boswells Scotland
|| HOME | LOCATION | HISTORY | FACILITIES | CONTACT ||
Information on the village of St. Boswells in Scotland.
The central part of the house, is the rebuilt peel tower which was destroyed by the English during their raids of 1547. Much of that part of the house remains the same, externally, as it must have been from that rebuilding in 1580. Internally it has been much changed.
On either side there have been added wings, originally matching. The east wing remains as was intended, when built in the eighteenth century, the west, however, has been altered at least twice. It was raised considerably, with extra storeys added and one later removed. Additions at the back of the house have been made to bring it into line with both the needs of the times, and to create the working conditions for the present Earl, a painter of world renown.
Back to: The Adjacent Parish of Mertoun